- 12 ounces thai rice noodles
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk + 1 can filled with water
- 1 large shallot- minced
- 1 2-inch section of ginger- peeled and minced
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- As many fresh seasonal veggies as you like. This dish had:
- 1 bunch asparagus (use only top half)
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 small radicchio
- 1 package wild organic mushrooms
- 1 head cauliflower
- Serve with a lot of fresh lime and cilantro
Use a large soup pot or dutch oven. Pour coconut milk, 1 can of water and salt into the pot over medium heat. Mince shallots and ginger and add to the pot. Let simmer for at least 15-20 minutes.
While you wait for your broth, place thai noodles in a pot with boiling water. Cook according to directions on package. Drain and season with salt/ pepper. Set aside.
About 10 minutes before you are ready to serve, place your veggies into the pot and allow them to cook until just tender... you don't want them to get mushy.
Add a heap of noodles to your bowl then top with broth and veggies. Finish with a little fresh black pepper, cilantro and a good squeeze of lime.