This recipe is fantastic stand alone as a vegetarian main dish or as a side/ party appetizer. Eat with fresh Naan or pita bread.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
Rinse quinoa before cooking. It has a bitter coating, and it will taste off if not rinsed. Cook quinoa according to package directions. You will know it is done when the germ separates from the seed. Set aside in large mixing bowl. Add cucumber, tomatoes, herbs, and scallions to bowl with quinoa. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Whisk lemon juice and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Add dressing to the quinoa mix and serve immediately.